Birth Injury Lawyers in Corpus Christi, Texas
Birth injuries can occur for a number of different reasons, but no matter the case, they come with emotionally and physically draining consequences. If your child has a birth injury, then you will face financial burdens now and throughout the child’s future. You could deal with medical expenses, special schools for the child, physical therapy and much more. That’s just the financial drain though. We have years of experience handling cases of this type and we can determine if your physician handled the birth properly or if another healthcare working may have been negligent as well.
If your child was injured at birth, then contact the Bandas Law Firm today so that we can provide you with a free case review.
Types of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries due to negligence can range from minor to very serious. They all deserve attention because someone did not handle your baby properly during childbirth. Injury could include broken bones, cerebral palsy, or even death. No matter the situation, if there was negligence involved, then you need to pursue a case against the healthcare worker as soon as possible. Some of the ways that birth injury can occur include:
- Improper use of forceps during delivery. This has been linked to cerebral palsy as well as other injuries.
- Improper use of vacuum during delivery. This has been linked to severe injury to the mother as well as the baby.
- Improper delay in ordering a caesarian section. If the doctor waits too long, then this could be extremely harmful for the baby as well as the mother.
- Hypoxia is a condition in which the baby is not receiving enough oxygen. This could be caused by a tangled cord or damage to the placenta and is detectable. However, if the doctor failed to detect it, this has been directly linked to mental and physical disability in children.
- Improper use of Pitocin, which is a drug used to induce labor.
- Failure to handle changes in the condition of the baby.
- Failure to perform specialized testing and other testing during pregnancy.
- Neglecting to handle high-risk patients in the proper manner or to refer them to a specialist.
Birth injuries in Texas are not just limited to the baby either. If the mother was injured during childbirth and negligence was involved (as in the mother’s wellbeing was not handled properly during birth), then you could have a case as well.
Creating a Valid Claim
You will need to do a few things in order to have a valid claim, including proving that negligence was involved, resulting in the injury. Negligence can occur if the physician or healthcare worker did not follow standards for care during birth or if they used improper procedures to handle the birth itself. The Bandas Law Firm will go through the whole research and discovery process to find negligence and document it properly.
Of course, if your child has suffered from a birth injury, then dealing with a lawsuit may be the last thing on your mind. However, it is vital that you act quickly so that you will receive the compensation you and your child deserve. Contact the Bandas Law Firm as soon as you can. We will offer you a free case evaluation. You can fill out our online form if you wish for us to make contact with you. Alternatively, you can call us today at 855-427-3332. One of our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys will be glad to help you during this difficult time.