Texas Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
It’s a sad fact that nursing home abuse and neglect does happen. The attorneys at the Bandas Law Firm see these cases regularly, and we have extensive experience in representing the rights of the victim or the family of the victim. It is possible to recover rewards and compensation in these cases, but it does take the experience of an attorney to do so. It is our goal to ensure every abuse case is handled properly so that nursing homes and employees will be less likely to commit more acts of abuse and neglect.
If your loved one has been abused or neglected in a nursing home, then take the time to get in touch with us at the Bandas Law Firm. We will look after your rights and ensure you or your loved one is compensated properly.
What Type of Compensation Can Be Sought?
Every case of nursing home abuse is different. We will work with you on your situation specifically to determine what type of compensation to seek. However, some of the most common types include:
- Medical Bills
- Pain and Suffering
- Punitive Damages
The last category is specifically designed as a way to hinder the nursing home enough that abuse cases will not continue. Not all cases will be awarded punitive damages however.
Grounds for Filing
How do you know if you even have a case? You will need to speak with an attorney at the Bandas Law Firm to discuss your situation, but there are a number of different grounds for filing a nursing home abuse case. These include the following:
- Understaffed Nursing Homes – When there are not enough employees on site at a nursing home, this makes it much easier for patients to be neglected, and it happens regularly. Additionally, when a nursing home is understaffed, the employees who are there will be more stressed from the overload of work and more inclined to a short temper.
- Nursing Homes That Don’t Provide Enough Training – When employees are not trained properly, they will not know how to handle tough situations when patients are difficult to handle.
- Third Party Claims – The nursing home is also responsible for protecting their patients. If someone else injures them, then this could result in a claim.
- Breach of Rights – Nursing homes are also responsible for watching after the rights of the patients, including protecting their dignity and their privacy. If this is ignored or violated, then this can result in a claim.
- Errors in Medication Administration – Most nursing home patients have to take a variety of different medications, and if they aren’t handled properly, then this can result in severe injury or illness and even death.
When nursing homes do not handle these situations properly, this puts the patient at risk of injury and unfortunately, sometimes, this has resulted in fatalities. If you have any reason to believe you have a loved one who is being abused, then it is vital that you act quickly. The abuse could continue to worsen and you certainly do not want that to happen. Additionally, you and your loved one deserve compensation.
Contact the Bandas Law Firm today. Our experienced team will handle your case with respect and ensure your loved one’s rights are looked after. To receive a free case evaluation, you can call us at 855-427-3332. Additionally, if you would prefer, you can fill out our online form. Then, we will get in contact with you. No elderly individual should suffer from abuse, but it happens all too often. Do not let this happen to your loved one, and if it is, then do not let it continue.