Construction Accident Lawyers in Texas
Every year, there are hundreds of thousands of construction accidents with thousands of those taking the lives of workers on the job site. Construction accidents have become so common that OSHA even has a list of the “fatal four” or accidents that happen the most often: falls, struck by objects, electrocutions, and caught in equipment. At the Bandas Law Firm, we understand that workplace injuries of this type happen every single day, and we are familiar with Texas rules and regulations that surround construction accident cases.
When a construction accident does occur and it causes injury or death, the chain of liability can be much more complex than you may have imagined. There are numerous different parties that could be responsible for the accident, including:
- The owner of the property
- The company handling the work
- The manufacturer of the equipment
- The company responsible for equipment upkeep
The list could go on. It takes expertise and knowledge to track down the proper chain of liability so that the proper parties will be pursued in order to get the compensation victims deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a workplace accident, you will not know how to track down liability in this manner. That’s why it is so important that you contact the Bandas Law Firm today. We have the experience and skill to handle such complex cases as construction site accidents.
Types of Construction Injury Claims
Depending on the type of accident and the circumstances surrounding it, there are different types of claims. You will need an experienced attorney to help you determine what will be the best claim to make in your own case. The possibilities include:
- Workers’ Compensation – If you can get benefits from workers’ compensation, then in most cases, you will not be able to bring a lawsuit against your employer. To pursue a workers’ compensation claim, you will need to prove that the injury occurred at the workplace.
- Personal Injury – In this case, you would need to prove that a third party (not you or your employer) was negligent and this led to your injury.
- Product Liability – In cases when a defective product led to your injury, it would be someone in the chain of manufacturing and distribution of the product who would be liable for the claim.
- Wrongful Death – Finally, if a worker is killed in an accident, then family members have the right to bring a wrongful death claim against the negligent party.
It can be very hard to navigate and determine the best way to make your claim. That’s when the experienced attorneys at the Bandas Law Firm step in. We know how to investigate the accident and determine how you should make your claim.
Thanks to OSHA, you have rights as a construction worker, and OSHA can even help you determine the right way to file a complaint in the case of accidents and injuries. Keep in mind that your employer cannot demote or fire you just because you file a complaint, and OSHA is designed to protect this. Of course, you will still need the experience of an attorney to file the claim properly.
Construction accidents happen all too regularly, and they can result in serious injury or death. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident on a construction site, then it is important that you get in contact with the Bandas Law Firm as soon as possible so that we can get to work for you.
Bandas Law Firm is a leading personal injury law firm in Corpus Christi, Texas that serves all of South Texas. Our law firm specializes in practice areas such as car accidents, truck accidents, oil field accidents and railroad cancer lawsuits. To schedule a consultation with one of our practicing attorneys, please give us a call at (361) 222-2222 or complete our inquiry contact form.