Mikell is a skilled and experienced trial and appellate practitioner, having represented clients all across the state of Texas before trial courts, various courts of appeals, and the Supreme Court of Texas.
Mikell graduated from St. Mary’s University School of Law, where he clerked for Judge Barbara Nellermoe at the 45th District Court in Bexar County and for Judge Emilio Garza at the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Before joining the Bandas Law Firm, Mikell was a partner for many years at a highly respected defense firms in South Texas, where he learned the ins and outs of litigation and honed his skills as a fierce advocate for his clients. Mikell uses this experience and drive to help plaintiffs who have been injured or mistreated by corporations or individuals seek justice.
Mikell is a member of the Litigation, Insurance, and Computer and Technology Sections of the State Bar of Texas, the Corpus Christi Bar Association, and the Texas Aggie Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts, as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas.
When not working, Mikell enjoys spending time with his wife, Alexis, and their six children. Mikell is a volunteer with the local high school mock trial tournament, the Knights of Columbus, and enjoys woodworking, barbecuing, and fishing.
- Rated 2023 Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers
- Life Member – Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Top Trial Lawyers in America ™
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 – Civil Plaintiff – South Texas
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2009
- B.S., Texas A&M University—College Station, 2006; Political Science
- Admitted to Practice – Texas 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Litigation Section
- Insurance Section
- Computer and Technology Section
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Corpus Christi Bar Association
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Corpus Christi High School Mock Trial Tournament
- Volunteer Judge – 2010-2019, 2021-Present
- Volunteer Attorney Team Supervisor – St. John Paul II High School – 2019-20
- Knights of Columbus
- Texas State Council Legal Affairs Committee – 2014 – present
- Diocesan Deputy, Corpus Christi – 2014-2016
- District Deputy, Corpus Christi – 2012-2014
- Grand Knight, Council 1202-Corpus Christi – 2011-2012
- Un poquito de Español