Porsche Fuel Economy and Emissions Settlement
Own or Lease a Porsche? Class Action Could Get You Cash Payment.
Bandas Law Firm, P.C. is currently reviewing the proposed settlement of
claims from Porsche owners / lessees who qualify for compensation.
The settlement resolves claims that the automaker skewed emissions and
fuel economy data on more than 500,000 vehicles and will allow eligible
owners to collect cash payments of up to $1,109 per vehicle. You may have
a claim if you owned, leased, or formerly owned or leased a qualifying Porsche.
Bandas Law Firm is a top-rated trial practice with extensive experience
fighting for wronged consumers. Although the Bandas Law Firm does not
represent the class, our attorneys are available to discuss the settlement
and/or your rights as a class member. Call (361) 238-2789 or contact us onlinefor a FREE consultation.
About the Porsche Class Action Settlement
In June 2022, Volkswagen AG and Porsche announced an
$80 million settlement to resolve claims that certain Porsche vehicles are marketed with misleading
fuel economy and emissions ratings.
According to Porsche owners, VW and Porsche manipulated test vehicles to
appear like they passed emissions tests and exhibited better fuel efficiency
than production vehicles made available to consumers. In reality, court
records show that that some models exceeded U.S. emissions limits and
that fuel economy ratings may have been 1-2 mpg lower than what was reported
to regulators and listed on vehicle labels.
How Much Are the Porsche Settlement Payments?
Compensation under the settlement will depend on several factors, including
the model and year of the vehicle, whether you are an original owner,
and how long you owned or leased. One primary factor is whether your eligible
vehicle is classified as a “Fuel Economy Class Vehicle,” “Sport+
Class Vehicle,” or “Other Class Vehicle.” Please see
the settlement website or class notice for details.
Fuel Economy Class Vehicles are qualifying Porsche vehicles that require
an updated Monroney label to reflect accurate fuel economy and emissions
metrics. According to a chart listed on the class notice, Compensation
for Fuel Economy Class Vehicles will range from $250 to $1,109 per vehicle
and depend on how long you owned or leased the vehicle:
If you were an original owner
of a Fuel Economy Class Vehicle through June 29, 2022, you’re eligible to receive the maximum compensation
for that vehicle.
If you are non-original owner or previously owned or leased
a Fuel Economy Class Vehicle, your compensation will depend on how many months you owned or leased
within the first 96 months of it being first sold or leased to its original
owner/lessee. If you own a used Fuel Economy Class Vehicle as of June
29, 2022, and it has not been 96 months since that vehicle was first sold
or leased to its original owner/lessee, you will be eligible to claim
compensation for the months that you owned the vehicle, as well as any
months remaining within that 96-month period.
Eligible Fuel Economy Class Vehicles include:
- 981 I Boxster/Cayman Base AT 2013-2016
- 981 I Boxster/Cayman Base MT 2013-2016
- 981 I Boxster/Cayman S AT 2013-2016
- 981 I Boxster/Cayman S MT 2013-2016
- 981 I Boxster/Cayman GTS AT 2015-2016
- 987 II Boxster/Cayman Base AT 2009-2012
- 987 II Boxster/Cayman S AT 2009-2012
- 987 II Boxster/Cayman S MT 2009-2012
- 991 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio Base (2WD) AT 2013-2016
- 991 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio Base (4WD) AT 2013-2016
- 991 I Targa Base (4WD) AT 2014-2016
- 991 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio S (2WD) MT 2012-2016
- 991 I Carrera Cabrio/Targa S (4WD) AT 2013-2016
- 991 I Carrera Coupe S (4WD) AT 2013-2016
- 991 I Targa GTS (4WD) AT 2016
- 997 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio Base (2WD) AT 2005-2007
- 997 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio Base (2WD) AT 2008
- 997 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio Base (2WD) MT 2008
- 997 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio S (2WD) AT 2005-2007
- 997 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio S (2WD) AT 2008
- 997 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio S (2WD) MT 2005-2007
- 997 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio S (2WD) MT 2008
- 997 I Carrera Coupe Turbo AT 2007
- 997 I Carrera Coupe/Cabrio Turbo AT 2008-2009
- 997 II Carrera Coupe/Cabrio Base (2WD) AT 2009-2012
- 997 II Carrera Coupe/Cabrio S (2WD) AT 2009-2012
- 997 II 911 Coupe/Cabrio GTS (2WD) AT 2011-2012
- E2 I Cayenne S AT 2011-2014
- E2 I Cayenne Turbo AT 2012-2014
- E2 II Cayenne S AT 2017-2018
- G1 I Panamera S (4WD) AT 2010-2013
Current and former owners / lessees of
Other Class Vehicles, which do not require a Monroney label change, can collect up to $200
per vehicle. Please consult the settlement website,
https://www.porschegasolinesettlementusa.com/, or class notice to determine whether your model qualifies. A list of
qualifying “Other Class Vehicles” is provided on the class notice.
All owners of qualifying vehicles with Sport+ driving mode can also obtain
an additional $250 upon completion of the Sport+ Emissions Compliant Repair
recall or submission of a valid claim if no recall is yet available. This
$250 is paid in addition to compensation described above. Eligible vehicles
must be equipped with Sport+ Mode or PDK Sport Mode. Please consult the
settlement website or class notice for further information. A list of
qualifying Sports+ Class Vehicles is provided on the class notice.
Legal Support for Porsche Owners Interested in Review of the Settlement
Nationwide. Call (361) 238-2789
Bandas Law Firm is a respected civil trial practice founded to protect
the wronged and injured. Our attorneys have decades of experience litigating
defective products and consumer rights and are trusted by clients and colleagues across the
country to handle challenging claims.
If you have questions about the Porsche settlement and whether you qualify
for cash payment, our award-winning attorneys are available to help.
Contact us for a FREE consultation.
The Court has appointed a number of different attorneys to represent the
Settlement Class. These attorneys are called “Class Counsel.”
Their names and information can be found on the class notice. Note that
this website is not affiliated with these law firms in any way. Further,
no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be
performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers