The Concerning Texas Crash Fatality Numbers
Many may think it logical that car crashes would have declined during the pandemic with fewer people on Texas roads. However, a KBTX3 news article reported that despite working from home and canceled activities, traffic accident fatalities have increased. Here are some surprising 2020 stats as reported by the Texas Department of Transportation.
2020 Texas Crash Data
- Death toll in 2020: 3,896.
- Death toll in 2019: 3,623.
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours, 15 minutes.
- In 2020 Motor vehicle fatalities increased 7.54%.
- Single vehicle run-off the road crashes accounted for 34.75% of all vehicle crash deaths.
- 583 people were killed in head-on crashes.
- 958 people were killed by a drunk driver.
- 368 people were killed by a distracted driver.
- The three deadliest days in 2020:
- Sunday, June 21
- Friday, August 14
- Monday, December 28
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Bandas Law Firm, P.C.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and don’t know where to turn, know that help is available. After suffering devastating injuries, not only is the healing process a difficult one, the financial burdens of medical costs can make it that much more overwhelming.
Our team of lawyers will assess your case to determine if you have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver found at fault in the wreck. We are in our corner to help you pursue financial compensation for your injuries and medical bills so you can have peace of mind.
Contact Bandas Law Firm, P.C. today at (361) 238-2789 to learn your rights.