G. Erick Rosemond is a highly effective and experienced trial lawyer specializing in serious personal injury and complex products liability litigation. Erick has tried cases in Texas, Missouri, Illinois, California, and Pennsylvania culminating in substantial plaintiff’s verdicts and/or settlements worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
After working for several judges on the Texas Supreme Court, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, Erick began his career at a firm of over 750 lawyers defending corporations. Erick quickly changed sides and began suing corporations for their bad acts. His first foray into that endeavor was with what was then the largest plaintiff’s firm in the United States, where he specialized in antitrust and consumer class actions. Erick, however, knew his place was in the courtroom representing real people. His first complex litigation was the In re Diet Drugs Prods. Liab. Litigation against Wyeth, Inc., a pharmaceutical products liability action of claims by tens of thousands of persons who suffered heart damage as result of taking the diet drug “fen-phen.” Erick tried numerous such cases to verdict in California, Pennsylvania, and Texas courts.
More recently, Erick was one of the leading lawyers in the In re: Depakote Litigation, a pharmaceutical products liability litigation of claims against Abbott Laboratories, Inc. by nearly 1000 persons exposed as babies to the medication Depakote and suffered serious birth defects. Erick helped try cases in California, Missouri and Illinois courts with substantial plaintiff’s verdicts. Mr. Rosemond was also one of the leading lawyers in the In re: Avandia Marketing, Sales and Products Liability Litigation, apharmaceutical products liability litigation of claims against GlaxoSmithKline, Inc. by over 15,000 persons exposed to the oral antidiabetic drug Avandia, and suffered heart injuries. Erick prosecuted individuals’ claims in California, Pennsylvania, and Illinois courts. He was also trial counsel for the Santa Clara County, California’s County Counsel who sued GSK on behalf of the entire state of California for the unlawful sales and marketing of Avandia in California.
Erick has also represented several clients severely injured in workplace, auto, and medical negligence claims.
- Intern, The Honorable Charles Baird, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, Austin, Texas, Spring 1998.
- Intern, The Honorable James Baker, Supreme Court of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1997.
- Intern, The Honorable Orlando M. Garcia, United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, San Antonio, Texas, 1996.
- Juris Doctorate, St. Mary’s University School of Law,May 1998.
- B.B.A. Finance, B.A. Economics, B.A. Government, The University of Texas at Austin, May 1995
- United States Marine Corps, Corporal, Company B, 1st Battalion, 23rd Marines, 4th Marine Division (1988-1992).
- Infantry rifleman and machine-gunner.
- Meritorious Service Medal; Desert Storm Ribbon.