M. Michael Meyer is a seasoned trial lawyer with a passion for standing up for those who would otherwise go ignored. At Bandas Law Firm, P.C., he focuses his practice on complex tort litigation including products liability, personal injury and commercial disputes.
Michael has recovered more than $250 million in settlements and verdicts for his clients throughout his career. By the time he joined our firm, he had already made a name for himself as an attorney who takes an aggressive, dedicated approach to legal advocacy. He is also well known for his preparedness, which allows him to effectively handle issues as they arise in court.
As seen in his practice, Michael sincerely cares about every single case he takes on. He devotes time to being an educator for his clients—both to help them understand how and why the legal system works the way it does and to ensure everyone is on the same page.
After earning his law degree at the University of Houston Law Center in 1987, Michael became a member of the bar of the Supreme Court of the United States. He also practices in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Michael grew up in Houston, Texas, where he lived for most of his life. In 2015, he moved to Corpus Christi. He is a proud veteran of the U.S. Navy submarine force. Outside the office, he enjoys spoiling his 7 grandchildren and fishing from his kayak.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1987
- M.A. in Religious Education, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1978
- B.A. in Speech Communication, University of Houston, 1975
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA)
- Phi Delta Phi
- Associate Editor, Houston Law Review