With a focus on serious personal injury, Jan Petrus assists in all aspects of preparing a case for trial and is responsible for coordinating the clients’ needs and keeping our clients up to date on case progress.
Jan was born and raised in South Texas, where her legal career began in 1969. After 30 years of dedicated service to her past employer, Jan began practicing with Chris Bandas in February 2000. Jan has significant experience in a variety of legal matters and her focus is on serious personal injury matters, boasting 40 years of experience. Today, Jan is the office manager and legal assistant at the Bandas Law Firm where she assists in all aspects of preparing a case for trial. She assists in client intake, fact investigation, calendaring, medical workups, discovery, document production, coordinating depositions, and working with experts. She is also responsible for coordinating the clients’ needs and keeping them updated on a regular basis.
- After graduating in 1968, Jan completed several courses at South Texas Business School and has trained in numerous paralegal programs throughout her legal career.
- 1969-1970: personal/catastrophic injury, wrongful death, maritime, corporate, real estate, divorce, wills, and probate.
- 1970-2000: worker’s compensation, personal/catastrophic injury, wrongful death, products liability, maritime, divorce, real estate, wills, and probate.
- 2000-today: personal/catastrophic injury, wrongful death, products liability, and corporate.
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association Paralegal Organization
- Aransas Pass, Texas, August 21, 1950
Contact Jan Petrus today at (361) 238-2789.